Senior Software Engineer (Data and Analytics)
STAQ is hiring a Senior Software Engineer for the Data and Analytics portion of our Product team. In this role you will be part of a team that is responsible for designing, building and maintaining a large scale data ingestion, processing, and analytics system. STAQ is a powerful platform that automates reporting and unifies marketing performance data across the ad technology stack for publishers, tech platforms, and others. By automating the collection of delivery data from over 400 integrations, data once managed in spreadsheets or neglected altogether is unified in a single platform through STAQ. Digital executives all benefit from STAQ through faster, better decision-making that ultimately prevents losses and increases revenues.
The person filling this role will work with the team to ensure that once customer and partner data is ingested, that it is quickly loaded into the STAQ platform, processed, analyzed, and ultimately made available to customers. You will play a key role in developing, designing, and maintaining a real time data processing platform and will be working with others to deliver new product features for STAQ’s platform.
As a senior member of the team, your responsibilities include working with a team of on-site and off-site engineers to develop and maintain a large-scale data ingestion, cleansing, and aggregation system. You are expected to be a high-performing individual contributor as well as the type of team member that exhibits good collaboration skills and leadership by example. This position also requires you to stay current on the latest technologies, strategies, and products in data storage and processing tools and technology.
Specific duties include:
- Designing and developing key pieces of our technology stack, including real time data pipelines and scalable data processing and analysis services
- Coding, you will be doing lots of coding. This role involves data analysis and other analytical aspects as well, but you should expect to write some code every day.
- Providing expertise and direction in planning for future requirements, scalability, availability, and accuracy of customer defined data requests
- Providing leadership and direction through subject matter expertise.
- Communicating and collaborating with other engineering and non-technical business teams to plan, design, implement, and support complex solutions
- Monitoring, tuning, and fixing faults to improve performance and stability
- Advanced skills in software engineering, utilizing a language such as Ruby, Python, or Java depending on the opportunity at hand. Most of our legacy codebase is in Ruby, so a willingness to work with Ruby is important even if you have experience in another language.
- Advanced skills / experience with multi-terabyte data sets using both relational and non-relational data stores - experience with Hadoop, Apache HAWQ, or Greenplum is highly desirable
- Demonstrable understanding of queueing systems, workload dependency management, availability, service oriented architecture, scalability and distributed data platforms.
- Experience building high performance data pipelines
- Experience implementing data flows and/or building processors for Apache NiFi is a big plus
- Skilled with Git or another version control system
- Familiarity with continuous integration and deployment
- Experience utilizing cloud technologies and environments, including AWS and Google Cloud
- Ability to develop using agile methodologies
- Exposure to technologies including Kafka, Storm, Spark, and other similar technology is a plus
- Experience in the Adtech industry a plus
- Medical, dental, and vision plans, with generous contribution from the company
- Paid Parking