STAQ is a powerful integrations platform that automates reporting and unifies performance data across the ad technology stack for brand publishers, tech platforms and agencies. Automating the collection of delivery and performance data from integrations with hundreds of ad servers, ad tech platforms, exchanges and workflow tools across the industry, STAQ clients can now unify data that was once managed in spreadsheets, into one dashboard for operations, sales and executive teams.
Global brands have adopted STAQ and depend on it daily for decisions that affect hundreds of millions in advertising revenue.
As we grow out of our startup phase into our growth phase, STAQ needs to migrate from our existing platform and processes towards a solution capable of supporting enterprise customers while preserving our ability to develop software quickly. In those role you will work with the team to ensure the stability and reliability of the STAQ platform while supporting a growing set up features and scaling requirements. Your job will be to control risk factors and automate solutions where possible to both build and maintain our platform.
RESPONSIBILITIESAs an Operations Engineer you will work together with technical leaders in the company to determine our infrastructure requirements and leverage your experience and expertise to provide guidance to STAQ. You will work with the other engineers to ensure that the STAQ platform is both scalable and available, and drive the processes and tools that support the the ability to remain nimble and deliver new features on a continuous basis.
Specific duties will include:
- Tuning systems and infrastructure to maximize performance and utilization
- Deploying and maintaining the infrastructure of the STAQ platform, a large portion of which has already been moved to Kubernetes
- Identifying production stability and scalability concerns and working with other team members to plan and implement improvements
- Improving the existing continuous deployment processes.
- Leveraging and building tools / scripts to facilitate the monitoring and maintenance of the STAQ platform
- Working with other engineers to apply our data tools to our own operations
- Mentoring others to help make both your and their engineering life better
- 3+ years in a Operations, DevOps or Infrastructure role
- Proven experience deploying and maintaining cloud-based systems and services.
- Strong background in Linux, preferably with Red Hat / CentOS
- Experience with automation and configuration management tools
- Experience with Docker and the Docker ecosystem is desirable
- Experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop, Apache HAWQ and Apache NiFi is a plus
- Medical, dental, and vision plans, with generous contribution from the company