Software Engineer (Solutions Engineering)
STAQ is hiring an Engineer for the Solutions Engineering Team. STAQ is a powerful platform that automates reporting and unifies marketing performance data across the ad technology stack for publishers, tech platforms, and others. By automating the collection of delivery data from over 400 integrations, data once managed in spreadsheets or neglected altogether is unified in a single platform through STAQ. Digital executives all benefit from STAQ through faster, better decision-making that ultimately prevents losses and increases revenues.
The Solutions Engineering Team writes and maintains code that ensures that our customers can get accurate data as early as possible. Existing code connects to hundreds of data sources and ingests millions of rows of data each day. This person will play a key role in developing, designing, and maintaining both the code that retrieves the data as well as the infrastructure that marshals and coordinates the data collection.
As a member of the team, your responsibilities will include working with a team of on-site and off-site engineers to develop and maintain the codebase. You will have the opportunity to own various integrations and portions of the overall system and are expected to be a high-performing individual contributor as well as the type of team member that exhibits good collaboration skills and leadership by example. It is expected that you will stay current on the latest technologies, strategies, and products in data storage and processing tools and technology via self-study and STAQ-supported training.
Specific duties include:
- Designing and developing key pieces of our technology stack.
- Providing expertise and direction in planning for future requirements, scalability, availability, and accuracy of customer-defined data requests.
- Providing subject matter expertise, where possible.
- Communicating and collaborating with other engineering and non-technical business teams to plan, design, implement, and support complex solutions
- Experience with Git or another version control system.
- Familiarity with continuous integration and deployment.
- Ability to develop using agile methodologies.
- Good written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to proactively identify and solve issues.
- Willingness to learn Apache NiFi. (Experience with NiFi is a plus.)
- Willingness to learn about cloud platforms, such as Google Cloud Platform (GCP) or AWS. (Experience with GCP or AWS is a plus.)
- Willingness to learn about the AdTech industry. (Experience in the AdTech industry is a plus.)
- Medical, dental, and vision plans, with generous contribution from the company
- Paid Parking